Solid and hazardous waste landfills are heavily regulated by federal, state and local agencies before, during and after their operation due to their nature as waste repositories and their form. Wactor & Wick attorneys work with landfill operators, customers, developers and agencies to solve landfill related environmental issues such as groundwater contamination, gas production, vapor intrusion, subsidence, and wildlife impacts.
RELATED PRACTICE AREAS:
- Air Quality
- Brownfield Redevelopment
- Contract Drafting and Negotiation
- Expert Witness
- Federal Environmental Law
- Hazardous Waste
- Land Use
- Real Estate Development
- State and Local Environmental Law
- Vapor Intrusion
- Water Quality
RELATED CASE STUDIES:
- 130 acre Landfill site as $400 million Business Park, Brisbane and South San Francisco, CA
- United States v. El Dorado County, et al.
- Unilever Best Foods and CCL Custom Manufacturing Inc. v. American Steel & Aluminum Corp, et al.
- West County Landfill, Inc. et al. v. Allied Chemical Corp. et al.
- Pendleton Site Group, et al. v. Arcata Graphics Co., et al.
- Members of the GBF/Pittsburg Landfill(s) Respondents Group, et al. v. Contra Costa Waste Service, Inc.
- In Re: Angelillo Property Superfund Site, Southington, Hartford County, CT, A.R. Sandri, Inc., et al.
- Former Sewage Sludge to Housing Development, Riverside County, CA
- Shopping Center Acquisitions
- BFI Landfill Case