Anna L. Nguyen practices in the areas of environmental, land use, and real estate law with a specialization in land acquisition, redevelopment, and environmental cleanup and litigation. Anna has both legal and business experience handling the environmental issues arising in real estate development through her clerkships with the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency and Alameda County District Attorney’s Office, Environmental Division. She is admitted to practice law in California, the U.S. District Court (N.D. Cal., Eastern, Central, and Southern); and the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. She also holds a J.D. degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law where she received the Witkin Award for Excellence and the Cal Jur Award in pre-trial practice and served as a member of the Constitutional Law Quarterly.
She currently serves on the Alameda County Bar Association’s Board of Directors and on the Executive Committee of the Real Estate Section where she previously acted as the chair in 2008.
Prior to her law practice, Anna managed real estate developments for Spieker Properties and specialized in economic development and community outreach for the City of Berkeley’s Office of Economic Development and the Oakland Base Reuse Authority. She earned Bachelor of Art degrees in Economics and Political Economy of Industrial Societies and a minor in City and Regional Planning from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Asbestos Defense
- Brownfield Redevelopment
- Corporate Law
- Defense of Civil and Criminal Environmental Enforcement Matters
- Environmental Regulatory Matters
- Federal Environmental Law
- Land Use
- Petroleum Products
- Real Estate Development
- Risk Assessment
- State and Local Environmental Law
- Toxic Tort Defense
- Water Quality
- Construction Materials Suppliers
- Government Agencies
- Residential Real Estate Developers
- Shopping Center Owners
- 483 acre Agricultural Site to Distribution Center, Stockton, CA
- Emeryville Redevelopment Agency v. Robinson, et al.
- Pellegrini v. Technichem, et al.
- Sherron Teal v. Borg-Warner Corporation, et al.
- Shopping Center Acquisitions
- TEAM Enterprises, Inc. v. Century Centers, LTD, et al
- Schutte & Koerting, Inc. v. United National Insurance Company
- Schutte & Koerting, Inc. v. California Regional Water Quality Control Board for San Diego Region