Anna L. Nguyen
3640 Grand Avenue, Suite 200
Oakland, CA 94610
With over 15 years of experience at Wactor & Wick LLP, Anna L. Nguyen practices in the areas of environmental, land use, and real estate law with a specialization in land acquisition, redevelopment, and environmental cleanup and litigation. Admitted to practice law in California, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and U.S. District Courts (N.D. Cal., Eastern, Central, and Southern), she effectively handled a broad range of environmental matters from cost recovery and contribution actions to insurance coverage disputes on the federal, state and appellate levels. Her practice also focuses on working collaboratively with consultants, experts, and regulators such as the United States Environmental Protection Agency, California Regional Water Quality Control Board and Department of Toxic Substances, Alameda County Department of Environmental Health, and California Department of Tax & Fee Administration on land use matters involving due diligence, remediation, regulatory and CEQA compliance, and regulatory permitting.
She currently serves as a member of the Executive Committee of the Environmental Law Section of the San Francisco Bar Association. She also has served on the Board of Directors, acted as Chair of the Real Estate Section, and participated as an executive committee member of the Land Use, Environmental Law, and Sustainability Section of the Alameda County Bar Association.
She also holds a J.D. degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law where she received the Witkin Award for Excellence and the Cal Jur Award in pre-trial practice and served as a member of the Constitutional Law Quarterly. Prior to her law practice, Anna gained both legal and business experience handling the environmental issues arising in real estate development through her clerkships with the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency and Alameda County District Attorney’s Office, Environmental Division. She also has served a legal extern for the Honorable Ronald Evans Quidachay in the San Francisco Superior Court.
She also managed real estate developments for Spieker Properties and specialized in economic development and community outreach for the City of Berkeley’s Office of Economic Development and the Oakland Base Reuse Authority. She earned Bachelor of Art degrees in Economics and Political Economy of Industrial Societies and a minor in City and Regional Planning from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Asbestos Defense
- Brownfield Redevelopment
- Corporate Law
- Defense of Civil and Criminal Environmental Enforcement Matters
- Environmental Regulatory Matters
- Federal Environmental Law
- Land Use
- Petroleum Products
- Real Estate Development
- Risk Assessment
- State and Local Environmental Law
- Toxic Tort Defense
- Water Quality
- Construction Materials Suppliers
- Government Agencies
- Residential Real Estate Developers
- Shopping Center Owners
- 483 acre Agricultural Site to Distribution Center, Stockton, CA
- Emeryville Redevelopment Agency v. Robinson, et al.
- Pellegrini v. Technichem, et al.
- Sherron Teal v. Borg-Warner Corporation, et al.
- Shopping Center Acquisitions
- TEAM Enterprises, Inc. v. Century Centers, LTD, et al
- Schutte & Koerting, Inc. v. United National Insurance Company
- Schutte & Koerting, Inc. v. California Regional Water Quality Control Board for San Diego Region